Project Management - Level 4
Be a part of delivering the hundreds of projects and new initiatives that impact Londoners every day.
Our Project Management team is responsible for delivering the hundreds of projects and new initiatives that impact Londoners every day. From new cycle lanes, upgrading train tracks to designing safer road layouts.
You'll be a part of the team that delivers this investment programme to improve the network. Our aging transport network needs to be able to manage modern demands, in order to keep London moving.
What you'll need
- 2 GCSE's Grade A* - C or Grade 4 and above (or equivalent) including Maths and English Language
- Plus 2 A-Levels in any subject at grade A* - D or equivalent
- You must be 18 years old by September 2023 to be eligible for this scheme
What you'll be doing
You'll be supporting your project team in their day to day tasks, but no two days would be the same.
You could be:
- Supporting the identification and management of risks to your project
- Working with a planner ensuring the schedule is accurate
- Drafting a report to senior management on progress
- Working with contractors to ensure that work is delivered on time
The teams you work in will be various sizes but everyone, including you, will have a key role to play.
Due to the breadth of opportunities available at TfL, every apprentice's journey will be unique. Some of your placements will be in:
- Surface Transport
- Major Projects
- London Underground
- Technology and Data
Where this career can take you
On successful completion of this scheme, you could move into an Assistant Project Manager or Project Coordinator position. Any of these roles could lead to further career progression opportunities such as:
- Assistant Project Manager
- Project Manager
- Senior Project Manager
You can become a registered member of the Association of Project Management once you've completed the scheme.