Interested in one of our apprenticeships but not entirely sure what it entails? Well, as an apprentice you’ll be right in the thick of all the action. It’s a great route into the industry. You’ll get the chance to expand your knowledge by attending college one day a week, while constantly discovering new and exciting things and learning from our industry experts on the job. If you’re an individual that can work independently when appropriate and can demonstrate a positive approach to problem solving, then an apprenticeship is the perfect step for you.
However, it doesn’t stop there. The great thing about an apprenticeship is that you’ll be earning a salary straight away while learning, then eventually gaining a professional qualification. You’ll be given continued support as you develop your skills throughout the program and there is no cost for the training you receive.
Do you have what it takes to join us as an apprentice? We’re looking for individuals with the below characteristics, if you recognise these in yourself, then we’d like to hear from you!
We’re looking for someone that is:
- Professional, proactive and receptive to constructive advice and guidance
- Willing to learn new skills while being able to adapt them
- Aware of their limitations and when to seek help if needed
- Able to work independently when necessary
- Able to take responsibility and pride in their work
- Good at demonstrating a positive approach to problem solving
- Able to contribute to discussions as part of a team
- Able to take a responsible approach to health and safety
What you’ll need to apply
You can apply for this apprenticeship if you have already achieved or are expected to achieve five GCSE passes with graces 4-9 / A*-C or equivalent. You must have an English GCSE with grade C or 4 and maths GCSE with grade C or 4 and above.
About this apprenticeship
An apprenticeship should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with our apprenticeship programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge to progress your career. From the moment you join us, you will receive the training you need - you will be invited to a virtual induction. This marks the start of your development journey and is your chance to meet other apprentices, ask questions and learn more about the company. Following your induction, you’ll be set a group task to learn more about the company – giving you an opportunity to build a network with apprentices across different offices early into your career.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
You will have the opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our Social Outcomes and the difference we can make!
Did you know that Mott MacDonald are Work180 accredited – which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in. From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other apprentices at the induction or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day.
Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It's worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesn’t stop there. As well as events, you’ll also have access to discounts on cinema tickets, travel, fashion, utilities and much more as part of our company benefits which you can take advantage of the moment you join.