Staffline is recruiting on behalf of one of the largest print and packaging companies in Europe. The company is based in Aylesford and would suit anyone who has previous experience in the print industry.
Your Time at Work
Whilst working as a Cut and crease operative your main responsibilities would be :
- Make Ready and Run both B1 and Large Format Cut and Crease Machines using a range of material grades
- Identify and resolve any issues relating to the production of jobs
- Record all job production data onto the relevant business IM systems
- Repair/Amend all tooling and dies as necessary and where possible
- Resolve breakdown issues on machine where possible
- Ensure maintenance schedule is carried out
- Record all new dies in the die log for future reference
- Responsible for ensuring the machines are kept clean, safe and tidy
- Ensure quality checks are carried out as per company guidelines
- Advise Finishing Manager of any consumable stock requirements
- Emptying waste bins into a compactor / open top bin
- Locate & position and return tooling to required areas
- Make Up Stripping Units for relevant jobs and machines
- Utilisation of the pile-turner where necessary to assist with material preparation
- Completion of administration, including using IMS systems as necessary
- Locate and move pallets of work using provided equipment
- Ensure that electric pallet truck is placed on charge at the end of each shift and that battery top ups are completed as necessary
- General housekeeping including tidying up of the department
- Carry out battery checks on electric trucks in area
- Empty tray under compactor as and when needed
- Assume responsibilities of the Cut & Crease Assistant during time of absence
- Responsibility to assist with Training needs of Trainee C&C Operatives and C&C Assistants
- Any other duties as instructed by a member of the management team
Our Perfect Worker
The ideal candidate for this role would be able to work well within a team and as an individual. Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and work under strict timescales. Ability to remain calm under pressure. Confident and enthusiastic with a desire to learn and develop through continuous training. Good communication skills. Strong interpersonal and organisational skills. Experience of working within the packaging/greetings cards sector an advantage
Key Information and Benefits
- Full on-site training
- Free car parking on site
- Increased rate for night shifts
- Holiday entitlement
- Support from Staffline
- PPE provided
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline