ABC Teachers are recruiting University Graduate Students to work in Secondary schools as a Cover Supervisor. All training is providing internally by ABC Teachers. Full and part time, flexible roles available.
About the role
As a Cover Supervisor you will be responsible for leading lessons of approximately 30 pupils in the absence of the class teacher. You will cover classes across the full range of secondary school subjects, but don t worry, you are not expected to be a subject specialist in each area. The lesson will always be planned, and this will be provided in advance. It is your role as the Cover Supervisor to facilitate the classes learning, manage classroom behaviour, record accurate registers, and provide a handover to the absent teacher. Successful Cover Supervisors are adaptable, flexible, motivated, confident and organised, they have a passion for education and supporting young people.
This role provides a great opportunity to gain experience of working within a Secondary school prior to applying to Initial Teacher Training. Although previous experience of working in a Secondary School is desirable it is not essential.
About the school
If you are new to the role, you will be offered a comprehensive Cover Supervisor Training Programme to equip you will the skills you need. Visit our website to find out more about our Cover Supervisor Training Programme or send us your CV and one of our consultants will call you with further information.
To be considered for the role of University Graduate Student you will:
- A degree or equivalent education.
- A willingness to learn.
- A natural leader and someone with the confidence to lead a lesson in the absence of the class teacher.
- A passion for education and providing the highest possible level of support to young people.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- A degree or equivalent education.
ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About ABC Teachers
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What ABC Teachers offer As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
ABC Teachers do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply Apply via this website with an up-to-date CV and contact details. For more information, or an informal chat about the role, please call Rebekah Wayne on (phone number removed) or email (url removed).