Do you have an interest of technical writing / drawing or authoring?
Do you have an interest in technical documentation?
Do you want some great training from a stable company who offer great long term prospects?
This could be the role for you!
Our client, an engineering business with multiple international production sites, seek to appoint a Trainee Technical Author to produce technical documentation for internal departments to aid with manufacturing, and occasionally for external sales teams. You do not need previous experience in a Technical Author position but must have a firm interest in this type of position and be able to demonstarte tha you could pick this up. You will also contribute to product labelling and packaging design. On offer is a great chance to progress your career with a successful and expanding manufacturing business. This role would suit a Graduate Engineer or school leaver looking for a role as much as an existing Technical Author.
Trainee Technical Author - Role Responsibilities - Technical Author, CAD, Solidworks, Design Engineering, Manufacturing
- Produce technical documentation as part of the engineering team. Ensure accuracy and reliability of all technical datasheets prior to submission to production teams
- Liaise with internal departments to gain necessary information for manufacturing support packs, brochures, reports and presentations, etc. Good communication skills a must
- Support production managers with introduction of new products
- Ensure instruction manuals and labels meet the requirements of internationally recognised safety standards
Trainee Technical Author - Skills and Abilities - Technical Author/CAD/ Engineering/Adobe InDesign/Drawing/Illustrator/Graduate/Technical Writer/SolidWorks
- Excellent English language skills, attention to detail at pace, and proofreading
- Structured and methodical approach with a self starting work ethic
- Good CAD skills (Solidworks preferred) and experience of Adobe InDesign
- Experience working for a manufacturing business and understanding of process and product flow appreciated
Trainee Technical Author / CAD / Engineering / Adobe InDesign / Drawing / Illustrator / Graduate / Technical Writer / SolidWorks
Please do apply now!