Trainee Teaching Assistant full-time, temporary
£78 - £88 per day
Salary is depending on experience and/or qualifications: Passion and desire to have a career working with children
February 2024 ongoing
Vision for Education are looking for reliable and committed people who are looking to build a career in working in schools, as a Teaching Assistant (TA). We are offering a set number of places in the Boston area for our National Teaching Assistant programme in February 2024.
You will receive training and support and in the final stage be offered a 5-day placement working within a primary school in Boston or the surrounding areas. Once you have completed the placement we will be able to offer you either day-to-day, short-term or long-term roles as a Teaching Assistant (TA) within local schools. This is a great opportunity for someone who has always wanted to work as a Teaching Assistant (TA) but never had the hands on experience of working within a school.
Working alongside our client schools, we will provide the successful Trainee Teaching Assistant with high quality training and paid on the job experience.
Following a successful interview and pending suitability, safeguarding and identity checks, we will work to secure you a paid placement in a school to further develop your skills. You will be supported in deciding whether you d prefer to work in primary, secondary or SEND provisions and will receive ongoing support from a dedicated consultant.
The role of a Teaching Assistant is vital in the day-to-day running of schools. The best Teaching Assistants have excellent communication skills and are able to build positive relationships with pupils and staff, quickly and effectively. Depending on the role and the school, you will be working with the class teacher to manage behaviour, support with interventions, and provide additional support to children with SEND (special educational needs and disabilities). You will assist the class teacher with recording and reporting on pupil progress and behaviour and help ensure that children are making good progress in the classroom.
Requirements To be considered for the National Teaching Assistant Programme, you will:
- Be compassionate, understanding and caring.
- Be able to build positive relationships with children and young people.
- Be passionate and driven about improving the outcomes for children and young people.
- Be flexible, proactive and a team player.
- Understand the crucial importance of keeping children and young people safe.
- Be able to demonstrate at interview the reasons why you want to start a career in education and explain your understanding of the role of a Teaching Assistant and the important part they play in the school community.
- Be committed to completing the required training and participating in ongoing CPD.
- Be willing to pay for an enhanced DBS check and register with the Update Service.
What we offer
As a Teaching Assistant, part of our team, you benefit from:
- Excellent daily rates paid using the PAYE system. (Daily rate is subject to your scale rate, experience in role and qualifications which will be discussed at the point of registration.)
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability).
- Social and networking events.
- Pension contributions.
- CPD to help with your professional development.
- Access to a dedicated consultant.
About us We are a market-leading education supply agency committed to the development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high quality educators.
We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
If you are a Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage learners and would like the challenge of working in a rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities call us on (phone number removed).