Due to the continued growth of a very successful engineering company, an opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Service Engineer to join their friendly Service and Commissioning Team on a permanent basis.
You will assist the service engineers going to various sites mainly in Central London and the Southeast. Full training will be provided both on and off job.
Your main duties will include:
- Preventative and planned maintenance of equipment.
- Continuing to build experience, learning from Service and Senior Engineers.
- Attending breakdowns of non-trading sites.
- Fault finding and repair on equipment, including controls.
- Build and maintain personal technical skills.
- Writing of technical reports using the CRM system.
- Attending Engineering meetings as and when required.
- Working alone or part of a team to achieve results.
- 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, working both days and nights, 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. Typical shifts are days: 05:00 to 14:30 and nights: 21:00 to 04:30 on a two week rotating basis.
- If you are called out in addition to your shift, the overtime rate is 15 per hour and additional overtime is also available at an enhanced rate.
Ideally you will have electrical/electrical installation knowledge, be a college leaver/apprentice recently qualified or have an interest in engineering. You must hold a full driving licence with no more than 6 points and no disqualifications for insurance purposes.
You will be highly motivated, be a good communicator both orally and written, able to follow instructions and have a willingness to learn. Ideally you will have an understanding of Health & Safety guidelines and attention to detail. You must also be willing to train and develop and have strong problem solving abilities.
- PPE, uniform, training, Contributory pension scheme, Life assurance, EAP, Perks Direct Benefit Access, Longevity in Service Award
- 25 days, Birthday and UK Bank Holidays
Apply now if this is the role for you.