We are looking for someone to join our company to take on a role within this firm as a Trainee Recruitment Consultant. You will be responsible for assisting the Recruitment Consultant(s) in attracting candidates and matching them to permanent positions with client companies. You will be working with these client companies, building relationships in order to gain a better understanding of their recruitment needs and requirements.
You will attract candidates by drafting advertising copy for use in a wide range of media, as well as by networking, headhunting and through referrals. You will screen candidates, interview them, complete background checks and finally match them to their clients. You will also provide advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels, training requirements and career opportunities.
A Trainee Recruitment Consultant’s role is demanding and diverse and involves:
* Using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking in order to attract business from client companies.
* Working towards targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated.
* Building relationships with clients.
* Developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do and their work culture and environment.
* Advertising vacancies appropriately by drafting and placing adverts in a wide range of media, e.g., newspapers, websites, magazines.
* Using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships with candidates and employers.
* Headhunting – identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work.
* Using candidate databases to find the right person for the client’s vacancy.
* Receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and creating a shortlist of candidates.
* Requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client.
* Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question.
* Preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients in respect of suitable applicants.
* Organising interviews for candidates as requested by the client.
* Informing candidates about the results of their interviews.
* Negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates.
* Offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training and career progression.
* Reviewing recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
* Helping to support other teams with general duties and digital assistance as and when required.
Social and Online Presence:
* Develop and maintain Social Media profiles for the business.
* You will learn to update the company website to promote the company and its products.
* Assist with marketing and email marketing campaigns.
Researching market intelligence for senior consultants
• Prospecting for potential clients
• Help to co-ordinate the matchmaking process between candidates and roles
• Outbound calls to potential candidates
• Interviewing candidates
• Answer, screen and transfer inbound telephone calls, take and pass on relevant messages and present an excellent image of the company in doing so.
• Resolve administrative problems and enquiries and give written and oral responses to routine enquiries received from external parties.
• Comply with company policies and procedures on Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities and undertake relevant training in these areas to ensure competence and compliance.
• Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the purview of the post.
KEY CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
• Willing to learn
• A Good communicator
• Well spoken and smart
• A Keen Eye for detail
• Not scared of hard work
· Strong and fun loving personality
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning
• IT Literate; proficient with Microsoft office applications especially Word & Excel
• A “Can Do” and “Will Do” attitude
• A friendly, Bubbly, Humorous personality
DESIRED (BUT NOT ESSENTIAL):
• Experience working in an office/business environment
• Someone who has a passion or at least an interest in the industry
• A Levels / AS Levels
• Regular Work incentives, Lunch Clubs and Nights Out
• Commission and bonus (increasing via development)
• A laptop/desktop
• A brilliant and fun work environment
• Opportunity for promotion
• Opportunity to sign a Full Time Contract with us once your training is finished.
• A Long term and prosperous career
• Dress Down Friday’s
Things to Consider:
We are an exciting and ambitious recruitment business with fun and energy at the core of what we do as a team. We don’t take ourselves too seriously but always strive to deliver professional and effective results for our business partners and pride ourselves in having frank and open conversations
As we expand in the next 12 months we will be looking to develop and expand our team, which in turn will result in multiple positions for full time recruitment consultants and recruitment team leaders to take the business to the next level.
Experience is not always the key to securing a role within Prodigium Group……a good sense of humour, a strong work ethic and the willingness to learn and push yourself to improve are the key behavioural aspects we look for when taking someone new into the business.