Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Northampton office
Hours: 07:30am - 16:30pm
To Start: ASAP
Benefits: Competitive salary, 3.5% pension, life assurance, 23 days holiday (excl. bank holidays)
* x3 Grade B at ALevel or equivalent
* Hold a full clean driving license
* Relevant health & safety qualifications
M.V. Kelly Limited are providing a sponsored degree program for aspiring Quantity Surveyors. We offer a competitive annual salary with many other benefits in addition to covering your course fees.
This is an excellent opportunity to get ahead in the field of Quantity Surveying. You will finish the program with both a professional qualification and real practical experience of the area that will more than equip you for the job of a Quantity Surveyor.
You will be enrolled to begin working toward your qualification after six months of supported training. Once the course commences you will spend one day a week studying towards your degree and the extra four in work applying this knowledge and gaining highly valuable practical experience on major projects with a value of up to £25 million. During work you will be guided by mentors with a wealth of experience in Surveying and Construction to pass on. Speed of progression is according to rate of development and success; nothing will hold you back at M.V. Kelly.
Our aim is to provide you with an experience that allows you to develop your practical skills whilst also providing you with a degree qualification and no university debt!
* Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
* Performing risk, value management and cost control
* Advising on procurement strategy
* Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
* Preparing and analysing costings for tenders
* Valuing completed work and arranging payments
* Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use
Candidates we are looking for:
* High achievers that meet the minimum entry requirements - x3 B's at A-Level or equivalent
* Candidates with a desire for a long-term career within Construction
* Dedicated and determined individuals that will give each project their all.
* Candidates that are passionate and enthusiastic about the role
* Polished Communication skills to effectively correspond with clients.
* Candidates who are flexible and willing to learn