Job Title: Trainee PCV Driver
Location: Buckinghamshire, Aylesbury, GB, HP22 5PG
Salary: Starting salary of £21,490.00, rising to £25,490.00 once passing PCV coach test. With an additional rise to £26,990.00 following a successful probationary period.
Role Type: Permanent
Job ID: 42114
Help us make a difference and support the UK Military and Aviation. The Transport Services Department provide transportation solutions at RAF Halton daily. As a trainee Driver you will be learning to become a qualified PCV driver. Once qualified, your driving tasks can be as varied as managing the Recruit Training Squadron shuttle minibus around the unit and local area, transporting senior ranking personnel on various occasions including recruit graduation day.
Who we are looking for?
We're looking for someone dynamic, ambitious, and eager to portray the professional image of the RAF Halton Transport Services Department.
What will you be doing?
* Refuelling, washing, vacuuming, checking of vehicle fluids and tyre condition of all vehicles as required.
* Ensure vehicle daily / weekly before, during and after use checks are carried out in in accordance with vehicle specifications and requirements.
* Ensure that all transport services driver and vehicle documentation is completed in accordance with legislation and relevant publications.
* Ensure that all vehicle defects are reported to Transport Services Control Staff in accordance with legislation and service publications at the earliest opportunity.
* As applicable the correct completion and maintenance of Driver Analogue Tachograph Discs and Driver Digital Cards. Handing in both sets of records on a weekly basis, i.e. on a Monday for download and analysis. You must also produce your Driver's hour's book to the Deputy Transport Services Manager/Training Supervisor for checking and signature.
* Carry out all driving task as requested by the Transport Services Control office staff.
The experience you'll bring
* The following requirements are essential:
- You must hold a Category B license for at least 3 years.
- You must be over 21 years old.
- For the right candidate, we will provide the training however, you must be willing to start the Cat D PCV training at the earliest opportunity.
* You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of commercial driving laws as set out by the DVLA.
* The following would be advantageous but not essential.
- Passenger Carrying Vehicles (PCV) DVLA License Category D
- Large Goods Vehicles (LGV) DVLA Licence Category.
- Driver CPC PCV & LGV
- Digital tachograph card, with sound knowledge of Driver's Hours Regulation in accordance with EU Directive 561/200
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting
Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants