Simpson Wood is one of Huddersfield's longest standing accountancy practices and due to our on-going success and growth we are looking to recruit an ambitious, motivated and hardworking Trainee Payroll & HR Administrator to join our existing team.
As a Trainee Payroll Administrator, you would prepare the payroll for multiply clients of the practice and be part of a small yet growing payroll team.
Training will be provided towards the CIPP qualification and study leave will be allowed where appropriate. There is also the future possibility of moving on to obtain further qualifications after this. We are very proud of our development of our trainees and have a strong record in career progression within the company.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Calculating accurate wages, including bonuses, salary increases and overtime
- Calculating tax, national insurance deductions and pension contributions
- Calculating statutory payments, such as SMP, SSP, SPP etc.
- Issuing of relevant tax forms
- Process new documentation for starters and leavers
- Handle and respond to discrepancies and queries relating to payroll
Skills required include:
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Good timekeeping and an ability to meet strict deadlines
- Organised, logical and methodical approach
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Discretion at handling confidential and sensitive information
The requirements of an ideal candidate include:
- A –Levels or equivalent
- GCSE Maths and English (Grade C above)
- Basic computer skills in Word and Excel with experience using spreadsheets
- Eligibility to work in the UK