Our engineering client, is looking for a Trainee Paint Finisher/Sprayer to join the Production Team at its engineering and manufacturing facility in Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex.
You will learn to prepare and finish paint products in accordance with Company work instructions and orders.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a trainee, you will have the opportunity to learn a variety of skills including:
- Following work instructions detailing the requirements for surface preparation, priming and finishing.
- Ensuring surfaces to be painted are clean and free from oil/grease.
- Ensuring surfaces which are to be left paint-free are properly masked.
- Being proficient in the use of the cleaning and preparation of paint spray equipment (use of pneumatic tools).
- The removal of masking and suitably protect components prior to passing to Stores.
- The maintenance of paint stock at kanban level and order new colour paints when required.
- To be familiar with data sheets of all products used in the paint areas to identify possible hazards.
- To use Health and Safety equipment provided for protection.
- Ensuring that all areas, plant and equipment are kept in a clean and safe working condition.
- To comply with the Company Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental policy.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Although no experience is required as full training will be provided, it would be preferable if you had:
- GCSE Maths and English (minimum grade C/4)
- Proactive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude
- Strong team ethic
When making your application with a full CV, please include a covering letter to explain why you feel this opportunity interests you? Should you wish to call me for an informal discussion, please do so on the number below. Thanks