A family-owned mechanical engineering and boiler hire and repair company in Stoke on Trent, is seeking a Trainee Gas Service Engineer to assist senior engineers with the commission and repair of boilers, pipework, gas and oil appliances and HVAC equipment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual with Domestic or Commercial Gas experience to join a supportive company and progress in their career.
The company offers a competitive pay and benefits package starting from £27,000 per year, and full training and on-going support will be provided. As the Trainee Gas Service Engineer your tasks and responsibilities will include:
The Trainee Gas Service Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- Assisting senior engineers with the install, decommission, repair and maintenance of gas and oil appliances.
- Maintaining pipework distributing gas, water and steam.
- Testing and maintaining hire equipment.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing issues.
- Record keeping of service and maintenance activities.
- Effective communicator and problem-solving skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Gas related qualification (domestic or commercial) with basic understanding of boiler systems, pipework and reading technical manuals, schematics, would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and eager to learn and progress.
- Hold a valid UK driver's license.
You will be working 40 hours per week between 8.00am 4.30pm on Monday, and 8.00am 5.00pm, Tuesday to Friday, from the Barlaston office and from various sites around the UK. Travel to client sites will be required and occasional nights away may be needed. Overtime is available on request.
Appointment will be subject to right to work checks and satisfactory references.
If you would like to apply for the Trainee Gas Service Engineer position, apply now and send us your CV!