A motivated trainee field service technician / Scientific installation maintenance technician / Biomedical field service Engineer is required for our prestigious global market leading engineering client based in Nottingham to install and use specialist scientific equipment at client sites throughout the UK. This is a challenging and exciting trainee role that would suit an enthusiastic engineering, scientific or maintenance / service or any field engineer professional with the right drive and motivation looking to develop a long term career. In return there is an excellent starting starting package of circa £27k+ plus extra bonus for alternative weekend call out, days in lieu, full training plus an excellent benefits on top package which includes; bonuses a very good contributory pension scheme, generous annual holidays allowance, life insurance, company shares with the options to increase additional benefits such as extra holidays, medical cover, life insurance, dental cover or cash alternatives, plus very good career prospects, worldwide travel, further support and career development within a well established,world leading reputable organisation. Now is an excellent time to join them due to expansion and growth. You never know where this role could lead you! Apply now!
This role is a permanent full time role of 40 hours per week (Monday to Thursday 8.30-5.30, Friday 3.45pm and on call every other weekend) and will involve regular travel both national and sometimes internationally to install the specialist equipment at clients sites within hospitals, vets, sterile rooms, healthcare facilities, medical sites etc. This is an exciting role where no two days are the same and would suit a driven engineering professional willing and able to travel at short notice to meet client demands and deliver excellent customer service. Our prestigious world wide client prides themselves in being market leaders and are looking for confident and passionate hard working professionals to join their teams.
As you will be working with other technicians and engineers at client sites you must have excllent communication skills ,a team player mentality and be customer facing and professional. You must have a full UK driving licence and be able to travel freely without any restrictions or commitments and be flexible. In return there is an excellent career and salary plus extra pay compensation for weekend work and days off in lieu along with all the company benefits. A company van, miledge and expenses and equipment will be provided.
The ideal trainee service technician / maintenance engineer will have the below skills and experiences;
- Full UK passport and driving licence is required due to national and international travel- you must be able and willing to travel with no restrictions
- Previous experience of a field role- you must be willing and able to travel freely as this role is field based and requires daily travel to sites.
- Technical hands on experience and ability- you must be technically adept
- You must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and be a team player
- True willingness to learn and develop a career within this industry
- Engineering qualifications / scientific qualifications ( any engineering, scientific, bio-medical, microbiology, military, biotechnology, defence, pharmaceutical, life sciences) or genuine interest in these fields
- Any maintenance engineering , service engineering, installation, basic repair experience ideally (although full training will be provided on the specialist medical equipment and services)
- Working experience of hospitals, healthcare, pharmaceutical, defence, chemical industries would be of interest
- Degree qualified candidates are of interest but not essential as trainees with the right aptitude and attitude will be developed and invested in. You must however be client facing and be able to represent the company professsionally.
Working as part of the cross functional multi-skilled medical scientific engineering team, the key responsibilities of these scientific service engineers / maintenance technician roles include traveling to client sites and distributors to install the specialist equipment, uninstall after use and provide basic technical support or advice, further services of the specialist scientific equipment.
To apply please email your CV with your salary expectations, availability and how you meet our field service engineering criteria.