PRS are working with a well establist Facilities Management company who are recruiting for a Trainee Estimator to join the ever growing team.
This is a role that will require travelling to different sites and will suit someone from a trade backgound, preferably mechanical/plumbing bias with an appreciation for electrical.
In this role you will support the Sales Director, support personnel and supply chain to provide tender cost submissions based on the most competitive cost.
In this role you will be required to do the following:
- Obtain the tender price from suppliers, wholesalers and subcontractors
- Visit site liaise with customers and interpret drawings to clarify what is required and assist in establishing the best cost effective solution
- Ensure that the build up to the Tender submission and all supporting documents are maintained in a logical and sequential manner
- Develop and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally
- Liaise internally to determine who are most favourable companies to approach for prices and performance
- Develop business relationships through networking with existing and potential clients, competitors and suppliers to understand the market, competition and opportunities
- Participate in handover of successful bids to delivery team
- Able to measure quantities from drawings
- Undertake technical appraisals
- Good understanding of tender process and systems
- A background understanding of plumbing
- Demonstrable ability to analyse drawings, specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare time, product, cost and labour estimates
- Ability to present information in a coherent and appropriate manner to senior managers
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Full drivers licence
In return, not only will you have an opportunity to build a career as an Estimator and have career progression opportunities, you will receive a salay of 28,000 plus car allowance and a range of additional benefits.
If you feel that you meet the skills and qualifications to succeed in this role and would like to know more, please apply now.