Elvet Recruitment are recruiting an Assistant Estimator on behalf of an established civil engineering and build main contractor based in a regional office near Hull.
The company delivers a wide range of civil engineering and build projects including highway works, rail infrastructure, drainage, coastal erosion / sea defence and flood prevention works, bulk earthworks and commercial and industrial new build & refurbishments and more. All projects are delivered as PC with values from 10,000 - 7.5 million. They have recently acquired a substantial amount of projects and are in an exciting phase of growth which is planned to continue further. With several new framework wins and a very strong commercial team growing, there is plenty of opportunity for individual growth and progression.
- Provide sub-contractors enquiries
- Produce material enquiries in conjunction with buying department
- Produce analytical tenders for all projects from bills of quantities, specification and drawings etc.
- Produce quantities from drawings if required.
- Prepare on costs in conjunction with planning and operations departments
- Reporting and advise Senior Management on projects at tender adjudication
- Liaise with Design Team during tendering process as necessary
- Negotiating with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Any other duties as required by the Senior Management Team
- Candidates should have proven experience working as construction estimator on civils projects as PC.
- Awareness of common forms of contract.
A salary of up to 27,000 (dependant upon experience) plus 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, company vehicle or allowance, fuel card, pension scheme, profit share bonus scheme and other benefits. There is also opportunity for progression up to director level.
This is a permanent position and Elvet Recruitment Limited will be acting as an employment agency for permanent recruitment on behalf of our client.
By applying for this job you accept the T&Cs, Privacy Notice and Disclaimers which can be found on our website.