We are working with our client who are a successful Oil, Gas and renewable business based on the River Tyne in their search for a trainee crane driver. This role would be ideal for a candidate looking for a career in the heavy lifting industry.
Minimum experience is required with some exposure to previous crane driving is ideal. The company will put you through all of the relevant training to operate tower cranes, crawler cranes etc.
The role will start on a basic rate however a lot of overtime will be on offer as you will also undertake basic rigging activities during training with a raise upon completion
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain some career changing prospects.
- To operate safely and efficiently the company s cranes (crawler, hammerhead and mobile cranes) in line with manufacturers operating instructions.
- Undertake familiarisation, training and skills development towards the company s cranes and plant.
- To operate the onsite cranes and plant in line with provided lift plans, associated briefs and as instructed by the lift supervisor.
- Carry out day-to-day checks and maintenance on the company s cranes.
- Attend any training courses that the company proposes.
- Forklift and plant operation to assist in operations.
- Operate company s forklifts and plant accordingly and fulfil banksman s duties as part of the lifting team.
- Successfully fulfil your obligations to checking and maintaining company cranes, vehicles and plant.
- Support quayside operations or other areas as and when required by the company.
• Working knowledge of Cranes.
• Ability to undertake skills development and familiarisation training as the company requires.
• Crane operator qualifications (NPOR, CPCS) is preferred.
• Highly Motivated, pro-active and flexible.
• Able to learn / Methodical / Problem solver.
• Operational Awareness / Client Orientated.
• Ability to work at height (re: crane operation).
• Good Organisation and communication skills to support the team
- Career in a world class company
- Training and progression with salary progression on completion of courses
- Permanent job role
- Lots of overtime available