Trainee Cover Supervisor
Start Date: March 2024
Have you recently graduated and not sure what is next? Are you passionate about working in education and feel your skills and experiences from other industries would transfer over to the classroom?
Vision for Education are now offering an exclusive free in-house training programme to support graduates into education.
Our partnering Secondary school/s in Hull are seeking candidates to work as Cover Supervisors, successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on daily supply or in longer fixed term supply contracts.
As a Cover Supervisor you will be responsible for leading lessons of approximately 30 pupils in the absence of the class teacher. You will cover classes across the full range of secondary school subjects, but don t worry, you are not expected to be a subject specialist in each area. The lesson will always be planned, and this will be provided in advance. It is your role as the Cover Supervisor to facilitate the classes learning, manage classroom behaviour, record accurate registers, and provide a handover to the absent teacher. Successful Cover Supervisors are adaptable, flexible, motivated, confident and organised, they have a passion for education and supporting young people.
The desired Cover Supervisor will have:
- A degree or equivalent education.
- A willingness to learn.
- A natural leader and someone with the confidence to lead a lesson in the absence of the class teacher.
- A passion for education and providing the highest possible level of support to young people.
What we offer
As a Cover Supervisor and as part of our team, you benefit from:
- Excellent daily rates paid using the PAYE system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability).
- Social and networking events.
- Pension contributions.
- CPD to help with your professional development.
- Access to a dedicated consultant.
How to apply
If you are somebody who can enthuse, motivate and engage learners and would like the challenge of working in a rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities call us on (phone number removed) or contact me directly on (url removed)