Vision for Education are seeking motivated and confident individuals, who possess adaptability and flexibility to work as Cover Supervisors in a range of Secondary Schools in the Clacton-on-Sea area. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on daily supply or in long-term fixed contracts.
About the role
Vision for Education are excited to offer this bespoke opportunity to support passionate people with entering the education sector. We work alongside our client schools to provide successful Trainee Cover Supervisors with high quality training and paid on the job experience.
As a Cover Supervisor you will be responsible for leading lessons of approximately 30 pupils in the absence of the class teacher. Although you will cover classes across the full range of secondary school subjects, you are not expected to be a subject specialist in each area. With the lesson being planned and provided in advance, it is your role as the Cover Supervisor to facilitate learning, manage classroom behaviour, record accurate registers, and provide a handover to the absent teacher.
About the school
The successful Cover Supervisor will be working with a variety of secondary schools in Clacton-on-Sea and the surrounding areas who are focused on supporting students to reach their full potential. This role provides a great opportunity to gain experience of working within a Secondary school prior to applying to Initial Teacher Training. Although previous experience of working in a Secondary School is desirable it is not essential.
For those new to Education, you will be offered a comprehensive Cover Supervisor Training Programme to equip you will the skills needed to succeed.
To be considered for the role of Trainee Cover Supervisor you will:
- Have a desire to support young people with their learning
- Possess a willingness to learn
- Complete the required training and participating in ongoing CPD
- Be willing to pay for an enhanced DBS check and register with the update service
- Be reliable in both attendance and punctuality
- Be proactive and a good communicator
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic attitude to starting a career in education
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Vision for Education do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply Apply via this website with an up-to-date CV and contact details. For more information, or an informal chat about the role, please call Harriet Bridgland on (phone number removed) or email (url removed).