We have fantastic opportunities in Luton for individuals interested in becoming a fully qualified Coach Driver connecting our customers and being part of providing the fantastic customer service that National Express is known for.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career, looking for a different line of work or simply searching for a new challenge, becoming a National Express Coach Driver may be the right job for you. Adventure awaits!
Our extensive training and development offerings include:
- Full PCV (Passenger Carrying Vehicle) training worth over 3,000 providing you with a qualifications for life
- Free medicals as well as being paid for your time to undertake necessary medicals for CPC renewal
- Guidance whilst passing all modules of the PCV licence acquisition
- CPC training and continuous training to ensure you keep your hard earned qualifications
- Extensive route learning and vehicle familiarisation before you hit the road for the first time
- Company specific training such as ticket machines, processes, systems, defensive driving techniques and much more
- Endless opportunities for progression within the business
What you'll need
- A Valid Full UK Driving Licence (Category B)
- An ability to provide outstanding customer service
- A flexible approach to working 4 days on and 2 days off within a variable shift pattern.
- All shifts over a 24 hour period are required to be worked.
What we offer in return for your hard work and commitment:
- 16.19 per hour
- Guaranteed 42 hours of work per week (overtime available)
- 20 days of annual leave plus bank holidays (This increases by a day for each completed calendar year of service to reach a maximum of 25 days.
- An unsociable hours allowance of 13.50 per shift for all duties that sign on between the hours of 22:00 & 02:00.
- A weekend work allowance on all duties that start on a Saturday or a Sunday of the hourly rate of 18.19
- A night allowance of 15.50 paid for duties that operate over the hour of 02:00 until 03:00.
- A reduced night allowance of an additional 58p to standard rate of pay for hours worked between 23:00 & 06:00 (example: if a duty signs on at 14:00 and sign off at Midnight, you will get 1 hour at the reduced rate) Please note that Night allowance and Reduced night allowance cannot be used in conjunction with one another
- Free Bus & Coach travel for yourself
- Complimentary coach travel for a Nominated Person or complimentary bus travel for a Spouse or Partner
- 50% discount for friends and family on full fares on our coach services
- A smart comfortable uniform
- A Company pension
- Private online GP service
- Life Assurance
- Exclusive benefits and savings from thousands of the UK's largest retailers and service providers
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, which includes free counselling and further support to improve your health and wellbeing
- An opportunity to take part in our Cycle to work scheme
What you'll need
A Valid UK PCV licence (Category D)
An ability to provide outstanding customer service
A flexible approach to working 4 days on and 2 days off within a variable shift pattern.
All shifts over a 24 hour period are required to be worked.
Join us on the Journey and apply today
National Express is proud to be a Disability Committed organisation. We therefore welcome applications from disabled candidates. Please let us know in your application if you have any accessibility needs.
Things to Note
At National Express, we are really proud of our health and safety record and as a result, we operate a Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
As part of your initial assessment, we will complete Drug and Alcohol testing and you may be subject to random tests during your employment.