Role: Trainee Automation Technician
Sector: bespoke Automation
Salary: £25000 - £30000k PA - Life ins, Holiday, Pension, retail discounts
Hours: 39pw (overtime T 1/2), 9-day fortnight
Location: Birmingham, castle Bromwich
Our client is a well-established bespoke automation company that designs, manufactures, and supplies a range of bespoke equipment and systems to a worldwide market. The Trainee Automation Technician core interactions will be with the Shop Floor Manager, colleagues in the Machine Build and fabrication departments as well as Project Managers/Engineers and the Design Team. You will learn how to TIG weld, it would be great if you had some welding experience already, but its not essential, as welding is only 5% of the role.
As a Trainee Automation Technician, your role will focus on general engineering problem solving on special purpose machines systems. You will be a person who thrives on solving complex problems with mechanical knowledge, have the relevant qualifications or you have experience to back up your hands on skills. This role would serve a good mechanical person who wants to learn new skills in a bespoke industry which means you will secure your future with this role.
Fully training will be given for the right person who has good basic mechanical engineering skills.
As a Trainee Automation Technician:
- Cutting materials, checking dimensions and thicknesses
- Basic engineering background
- Mechanically minded
- To understand and adhere to all health and safety rules regarding all aspects of the workshop
- A high aptitude to learn new things
- Use of manual milling and turning lathes
- To complete all workshop documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a team
- Possible welding experience.
- NVQ 2 on engineering or equivalent (desirable not essential)
- Excellent eye for detail
Please apply if you have these types of skills as a Trainee Automation Technician.
Peopletech Recruitment Services Ltd are acting as an employment agency.