Trainee Assistant Farm Manager - CAMBRIDGE
Trumpington Estate has an exciting opportunity to join our skilled arable team on our 3000ha estate. We are seeking a a highly motivated and energetic individual, ideally experienced or studying all aspects of arable farming and estate management.
The role is to develop the full range of Estate Management knowledge and skills with the aim to become an Assistant Farm Manager. They will be working closely with the General Manager to help in the execution of the processes and procedures as well as the day-to-day operations. Develop understanding of the profit and environment drivers that affect a large estate and helping to shape the future direction of conservation for the Estate.
Trumpington Estate is a family-owned farming business in Cambridgeshire managing over 3,000 ha across 3 main sites. The Estate grows combinable crops and sugar beet and is well resourced with a comprehensive range of up-to-date equipment, providing an attractive working environment.
The candidate will require the following:
- A passion for farming and estate management.
- Degree in agriculture is desirable.
- Self-motivated, with a flexible approach to work.
- Perform to a high standard of operation and have an eye for detail.
- Ability to balance day to day operations with profit drivers and long-term strategy.
- Experience in arable farming & large machinery operation
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of precision technology.
- Environmental and conservation knowledge and to be able manage the changing challenges and opportunities in this area.
Training will be offered to the right candidate. PA1/2, BASIS, FACTS are preferable.
What we offer:
- Excellent working conditions.
- Competitive salary and package.
- Accommodation near to Cambridge.
- Training and development
- Opportunity to join a family estate that invests in the future of farming, people, and machinery.
If you have the required skillset, please apply in writing with full CV to: David Knott, Cantelupe Farm, Haslingfield, Cambridge, CB23 1LY and email to .
You can also apply for this role by clicking the Apply Button.