Are you an animal lover looking to obtain a career looking after and caring for animals?
Do you want the opportunity to join a life-changing industry with amazing opportunities for progression?
We have a rewarding opportunity for a caring, hardworking candidate who is looking for the next step in their career working in the Animal Care sector. Your day-to-day duties as an Animal Technician will include looking after, handling, and providing the best husbandry and care to the animals.
Animal Technician Duties:
- Conduct daily animal husbandry duties, including feeding, watering, cleaning, animal handling, and animal observations
- Complete daily monitoring and reporting of the animal unit environment including temperatures, and the security and suitability of animal housing
- Conduct cleaning and maintaining animal rooms, associated areas and equipment, in accordance with work instructions
- The correct identification and labelling of animal cages and housing
- Checking and counting of animals and cages
- Completion of all relevant departmental records, including day books, production data reports and stock availability records
- Notify team leader regarding any suspected or recorded problems in relation to animal welfare or unit environment
- An animal lover with a passion and care for animals
- Previous experience with handling mice and rats would be beneficial
- Animal care management certificate or similar (not essential)
- You must have your own transport due to rural location
If you are looking for a career with caring for animals then this is the role for you, apply today!