We are recruiting for a Trainee Accountant, with some previous practice experience, to join the dynamic team of a growing, independent accountancy practice in Oxfordshire. This is fantastic opportunity, and the firm will consider candidates at varying levels, from Trainee to Semi Senior, hence the wide salary range.
In addition to a competitive salary, flexible working arrangements and full study package, this successful firm will offer attractive benefits, a bonus scheme, 20 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) increasing to 25 days with length of service, bonus day holidays and enhanced SMP.
This role will offer the successful candidate the scope to study for a profession qualification whilst gaining the valuable hands-on experience within the main disciplines of accountancy. Within this role you will develop technical skills and gain experience in accounts, audit and taxation whilst working towards an AAT or ACCA qualification.
As Trainee Accountant your responsibilities will include, as your experience grows:
- Accounts preparation for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Bookkeeping and VAT work for a range of clients
- Assisting senior team members with audit work
- Corporation tax
- Personal tax
- Ad hoc client led work
We welcome applications from people with the following attributes:
- Previous relevant work experience is preferable
- Good IT skill including MS Office, particularly Excel
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have a positive mindset and able to use initiative
- Excellent team working skills
- Desire to study as part of the role to obtain a professional accounting qualification
Submit your CV for this Trainee Accountant role
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship. Additionally, candidates must have experience gained within UK accountancy practice. We stipulate these criteria due to the high volume of applications from outside of the UK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.