I am currently recruiting for an aspiring Accountant to join an established, successful business in Ellesmere Port. The business is going through an exciting period in their history and you will be joining at a time of growth, and with some exciting projects planned.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Maintaining Purchase Ledger
- Assist in maintenance of Sales Ledger
- Assist in preparation of month end journals
- Assist on the preparation of Monthly Management Accounts
- Assist in preparation of Quarterly VAT returns
- Assist in maintenance of Bank Accounts and Cashflow within the group.
- Assist in preparation for Annual Audit
- Manage credit card payment system
- Data analysis & reporting
Qualifications & Experience:
- Good knowledge of financial skills to cover most of the required tasks.
- Strong Excel skills
- High level of accuracy
- Communicate effectively both internally at all levels, and externally with customers.
- Willingness to take ownership of problems and follow through to completion.
- Ability to work as part of team and off their own initiative.
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills
- Positive outlook and highly motivated
- Qualified to AAT or completed level 1 ACCA or CIMA and looking to complete your studies while working.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enjoyment of team working,
- Motivated individual with a positive attitude and flexible approach to work.
- Interest in continuing professional development.
- 37.5 hrs per week (8.30- 4.30)
- 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays + Birthday Leave + Rising with service
- Private Healthcare
- Free Parking on site
- Friendly, sociable team
- Career progression