Join NCHA as an Apprentice and you could be part of a dedicated team helping to maintain our homes and create new, energy efficient ones. At NCHA we offer housing and care and support services across the East Midlands, maintaining our residents' homes and helping them to keep warm and safe.
You'll be doing the Property Maintenance Operative Level 2 - a work based apprenticeship, so you will earn and learn on the job as well as complete your vocational qualification at college. You will be working within different Property Services areas to help you learn, develop and get:
• Experience working in a range of multi-skilled trades such as joinery, plumbing, plastering and electrical
• Experience in building surveying and business services
• Access to a mentor and development opportunities
• Salary increases as you progress your apprenticeship subject to performance and completion of the set requirements
• After 12 months, based on your performance and achievements, you will be given the opportunity to progress on a L2/L3 trade specific apprenticeship (over 24-36 months)
Does this sound like your cup of tea? You don’t need any experience, you just need to meet the following criteria:
• You must be aged 16 or over and have the right to work in the UK
• You must have a great attitude to learning
• You must be fully committed to attend college and learn, progress and achieve your qualification
• Plenty of enthusiasm, ambition and good time keeping skills
• You have to demonstrate our CLEAR values
• Ideally you will have GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent
You will be expected to work for 4 days and spend 1 day at college completing your qualification. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and female applicants.
Best thing about working here? Here’s a quote from current colleague – ‘Having the opportunity to work on the new build construction site in Ollerton has been something I wanted to do since hearing about the project. I wanted to expand my joinery knowledge as for most of my career I’ve been mainly repairing or improving existing houses. As part of my personal progression I have been enrolled on a SMSTS qualification. With this and support from the wider team, hopefully I’ll run my own site in the future'.