Our Telecoms client are looking to recruit Trainee Fibre Surveyors. Training will be provided for the right candidates.
The telecommunications industry is booming right now, there is a need for many people in the industry and as such these opportunities will be an excellent career move.
We are looking to recruit people who are willing to work on projects around the UK as required and undertake training in classroom and on the job to progress to become Fibre Network Surveyors.
* Working alongside experienced surveyors to learn the requirements to survey the Telecoms fixed line networks e.g. Openreach.
* Learning how to undertake the Surveying of planned routes, accuracy of address lists and any proposed changes.
* Learning new technologies for site analysis to provide key input.
* Training on surveying both overhead and underground telecommunications apparatus.
* Provide key data to company and verify planned designs
The main duties of a Fibre Network Surveyor which you will learn this during your training/work experience will include the responsibility for the following:
* Attending sites to determine the best installation route for fibre optic network lines.
* Understanding and surveying existing fibre optic network infrastructure including ducts and potentials for upgrades.
* Interpreting telecom design blueprints and construction maps
* Completing survey documentation job packs: ISP pathways, drawings, address listings, bill of materials, confirmation pictures, construction plans and project timescale
* Carrying out area surveys to ascertain whether any obstructions will prevent a successful installation
* Meeting with clients to resolve any issues preventing the project receiving approval to move forward.
* Completing all necessary steps to ensure that wayleaves, permits, re-routes, timescales and agreements are obtained
* Manage a program of works to deliver client targets and expectation
* Conduct Onsite Safety Audits/ Risk Assessments /Quality Checks.
* Ensure compliance with all company-controlled documents, including all method statements and procedures.
* Delivering a consistently high level of customer service when out in the field
* Working and ensuring that you are working with in the Health and Safety requirements
* Must be 25 years + for van insurance
* Must be able to climb a pole during training i.e. no problem with heights
* Must weigh under 19.5 stone for pole climbing / healthy and safety with harnessing
* Must be prepared to work away as projects will be nationwide
* Physically fit- for long distance rod and rope tasks
* Used to working outdoors
* Driving licence
* Midlands based- preferably Birmingham based due to majority of works
* Starting salary of £20k with performance related increases after 6 months
* Need people with a good attitude, willing to learn, be trained and excel in their new role
* Able to use a laptop- to be able to put survey returns together using Microsoft
* Previous telecoms or Civils experience is desirable
* An already established team of 2 and both interested in this opportunity would be desirable as you will be expected to work together
Van and all necessary equipment will be provided after training period, prior to you starting your own site surveys