The apprentice will work at HS2 project. VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2. The project is delivered in conjunction with Balfour Betty in a well established Joint Venture.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 80km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire.
We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area.
Working across the Balfour Beatty VINCI/HS2 Integrated Project Team (ITP), the primary purpose of the postholder is to effectively and efficiently deliver T&D Field Engineering services to BBV staff, subcontractor and supply chain customers. You will be working in conjunction with our Joint Venture (parent company) IT teams to support and manage T&D solutions/issues at BBVs main offices and on site.
What you'll be doing
The Apprentice could be involved in:
- Installation and day to day support of project offices and project sites
- Ensuring the customer experience and satisfaction of all Information Technology & Communication services provided by BBV to their workforce
- Support BBV Office 365 environment and applications in conjunction with 3rd party Office 365 provider.
- Provide triage for system incidents and requests and liaise with relevant support
- Specifying, sourcing, implementing and integrating key line of business applications
- Managing the overall project data model and delivering appropriate reporting solutions to our users
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Demonstrated interest in Technology and Data
- Experience of handling service complaints
- Customer & delivery focus, meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Demonstrates teamwork, collaborative approach, among the first to volunteer to help others succeed
- Can learn new skills and knowledge, picks up on technical and business challenges quickly
- Able to work for short periods without guidance
- Ability to engage with employees, peers and service consumers.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- 5 GCSEs total
- English and Maths GCSE grade D or above
- 3x GCSEs grade A-C in any subject
It is expected that the apprentice will gain experience across the various functions of Technology and Data and, as this develops, take on more responsibilities leading to a future career in IT
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.