Equinix is one of the largest growing Data Centre’s increasing connectivity between clients worldwide. Currently recruiting an apprentice to be part of a strong team with exposure to critical infrastructure & data centre activities. Equinix is a 24/7 shift environment in a company who partners with the premier cloud providers in the globe.
As an Apprentice, you will work along the team assisting customers with troubleshooting, installations, copper and fibre cross connects and media back-ups. As part of your apprenticeship, you are required to attend college once a week to obtain your qualification. This position is Monday – Friday (one-day release for college) over a period of 2 years.
- Racks and stacks customer equipment
- Installs customer equipment and cabinets
- Queue ManagementDetermines work priorities from the Siebel queue and ensures adherence to all commit times
- Conducts carrier circuit testing
- Installs/Tests/Modifies cross connects per SOPs and ensures proper cable management of: coax, fibre, twisted pair copper and intra-building cross connects
Installs and tests advanced cross connects circuits (switched, multiplexed, etc.)
Installs and test IBX Link cross connects using Fluke and JDSU testers
- Maintains detailed written records of all work activity
- Supports fulfilment of projects with direction from senior staff
- Completes all assigned training in a timely manner
- Supports customer satisfaction through timely and precise order execution.
- PC literate and proficient in all MS office applications with ability to accurately input data.
- GCSE Qualifications in Math and English at grade C or above.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new environments, processes and procedures.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.