Lockheed Martin UK Ltd Integrated Systems (LMUK IS) is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors.
As a Sustainment Apprentice you will have a very wide range of options to choose as you progress into your apprenticeship. Technology and through life support are the foundation of what Sustainment is all about. A critical element of this role is teamwork and flexibility, supporting your teammates to overcome unique daily challenges.
Examples of Career paths:
- Asset Management
- Logistics Tool and IT Support Solutions
- Field Service Engineers
- Warehouse Operations
- Quality Assurance
- Logistic support and planning (ILS/CLS)
- Simulations Technician
- Trade Compliance
The LMUK IS business is a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
You will have the ability to learn as you progress through your apprenticeship, and the following core skill will be critical within any Sustainment role.
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good IT skills
- Flexibility to travel and work at different locations
- Logical approach to problem solving and prioritisation
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- 5 GCSEs (A* to C) including Maths and English
- A Levels / BTEC Level 3 in related subjects