We are an award-winning fee-based financial planning company, however we’re a bit different from our competitors… we’re B-Corp certified, employee owned, and to us, money matters, but life matters more.
We introduced our first Apprentice role in 2020 and we’re excited to be expanding our intake with a new opportunity to join our Tax team in Bristol.
You may have recently left school and are ready to get the ball rolling with your career. Or you might be looking to take your career in a different direction. Whichever it is, this role and our supportive, committed Tax team will provide you with a chance to combine earning and studying whilst developing the skills, behaviours and professional knowledge you’ll need to achieve a foundation degree as a Tax Technician.
Tax is an unavoidable fact of life for everyone but our team work hard to help take away the stress for our clients by helping them correctly report their income and gains to HMRC. They provide both tax advice and compliance, across all the taxes including income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
It’s really important that we get our client's tax compliance right, so you’ll be working closely with the team to support them with day-to day client work and administration including:
- Supporting with client set up and onboarding
- Liaising with HMRC and other third parties
- Dealing with client queries
- Collating client information for their tax returns
- Assisting with the preparation of tax returns
- Packaging up and sending out tax returns to clients
- Electronic filing of tax returns
We understand that learning new skills and tasks whilst studying can be a juggle so we’ll make sure you’re provided with the training, support and mentoring you’ll need one to ensure you succeed and lay the foundations for a rewarding career in Tax.
To apply you’ll need:
- 112 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English Language and Maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade 5
It’s not just about the academics though. We’d like you to be able to show us that you have the following skills:
- A process driven approach with excellent organisational skills and a great eye for detail
- A highly personable, strong team player with a professional appearance, and a friendly and confident manner.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Working at Paradigm Norton
As well as your salary and tuition, we’ll provide you with some fantastic employee benefits including:
23 days holiday
Access to a Group Personal Pension Plan (with 10% employer contribution)
Life Assurance cover
Income Protection Insurance
Bike to Work (including E-bikes)
Wellbeing App / Online GP services / EAP