We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Talent Coordinator Apprentice role at iWoCa.
The perfect candidate will be keen to work in a fast-paced start-up environment, be eager to learn about how to find and hire the best candidates, and will have plenty of hustle and creativity to help source and close the best candidates for iwoca. If you are interested in gaining more broader People Operations experience, then you’ll also have the opportunity to get involved in other projects.
We launched iwoca in 2012 and have already grown into one of Europe’s leading fintech lenders. More startup than a financial institution, we use technology to eliminate the cost and complexity associated with traditional business finance. That means we offer instant decisions and have no upfront fees, no lengthy forms and no long-term commitments.
- Three A-Levels at grades A*-C (or 240 UCAS points) are preferred.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
As a Talent Coordinator, you will be responsible for helping us to grow iwoca and bring in even more great people to help us achieve our dream! We’re looking for a person to join our Talent team (currently two full-time Recruiters), to help smash our ambitious hiring targets for 2018.
Location: near Oxford Circus Underground station, London.
Full description (including responsibilities)
- You will advertise and source for vacancies and also screen candidates across all business areas. You’ll be given the opportunity to work across a wide range of roles (software developers, risk analysts, marketing, customer service, underwriting, etc.) and get an experience of what it’s like to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup.
- As a Talent Coordinator you will be required to:
- Quickly develop an understanding of the fintech sector and teams you are recruiting for, in order to build your industry knowledge.
- Search for active and passive candidates on job boards, LinkedIn and other recruitment tools or databases, and assess their suitability for open and prospective roles.
- Carry out CV and telephone screens with candidates, and arrange in-person interviews as candidates move through the recruitment cycle.
- Chase feedback from both the candidate and the interviewers, to ensure that candidates are moved swiftly through the hiring process, and appropriate feedback is shared in a timely way with various stakeholders (e.g. back to the candidate, to hiring managers, external agencies, etc.)
- Ensure details are updated on our applicant tracking system (ATS, we use Workable), so that candidate progress is carefully tracked
- Prepare and issue documentation when we are ready to hire, e.g. offer letters and contracts.
- Ad-hoc duties and assistance when required, to support the People Ops team.
Hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Mon-Fri.
Training and future prospects
Business Administration Advanced Standard fast-track training with WhiteHat.
- A full-time opportunity may be available if the candidate excels in the role.
- A higher level apprenticeship available following successful completion of the initial apprenticeship, with WhiteHat.
- Super-organised and proactive
- Great communication skills (written and spoken) and be confident on the phone.
- Proven ability to take ownership, work with stakeholders to properly understand problems/challenges and develop the best solutions.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo, and willing to contribute creative ideas for how to achieve recruitment targets
- Ability to manage ambiguity to achieve clarity when needed.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.