We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Social Media Apprentice role at Global University Systems.
This role is ideal for an apprentice who’s interested in social media and content marketing.Working with a team of tight-knit social media specialists and the wider communications team, you will assist with the development and deployment of creative, organic social media marketing strategies for our brands to drive student recruitment and the growth of our online communities.
Global University Systems are an international group of higher education providers.
Training and future prospects
Training in Digital Marketing, advanced level Standard, 18 months. A full-time opportunity may be available if the candidate excels in the role. A higher level apprenticeship available following successful completion of the initial apprenticeship, with WhiteHat.
Location: Tower Hill underground station, London.
Full job description (including responsibilities)
- You will be working with several internal stakeholders to help our brands achieve their targets. You will work with the team to share content across all our channels and work to optimise the content for each channel according to current best practice.
- You will also use established and emerging online channels and content formats to build an engaged the community of students, improve the online customer journey and the online brand engagement and experience.
- You will be part of a wider central department which provides services to more than a dozen educational and training brands within the Global University Systems group, with locations across the UK, Singapore, Canada, Germany and the US. Our brands cover everything from fashion to finance, so you will be exposed to a wide variety of subjects, industries, and target audiences.
Key activities & responsibilities:
- Managing online communities, growing new channels and monitoring online brand mentions.
- Assisting with organic social content scheduling and analytics for brand channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube and any future platforms.
- Developing and implementing creative content ideas aiming to improve online visibility, community engagement and return on investment within our target audience.
- Assisting with social media coverage of certain brand events, including video, live-tweeting and Stories.
- Working effectively with the wider marketing department, including creative designers, copywriters and SEO team, and other brand marketing executives and managers to develop creative revenue focused campaigns.
- Working closely with Academics, the brand marketing teams and key stakeholders to execute engaging positioning for current/new programmes within the marketplace, both in the UK and Internationally.
- Improving consumer journey across all social media touch points for prospective and current students, as well as alumni.
Hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Mon-Fri.
- Must be willing to learn new skills and explore new social media platforms.
- Be willing to learn the ins and outs of mainstream social media platforms, user behaviour and community management.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A creative approach to new campaigns.
- Good numeracy skills and a knowledge of statistics.
- A high standard of computer literacy.
- Experience using various social media platforms for personal use, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube or Vine.
- Previous experience working with social media for professional or commercial use.
- Previous experience with online branding or online community management.
* You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.