What is HS2?
HS2 is a brand new, low carbon high-speed railway that is critical in supporting the UK s economic growth and tackling climate change. It will provide much-needed rail capacity across the country and is integral to increased economic growth in the Midlands and the North helping to improve connectivity in our towns and cities, create jobs.
Formwork is an innovative technique used to form concrete structures. Formworkers contribute to the construction of projects through preparation, installation and quality management of all stages of the formwork process. Formworkers are skilled in the precise measuring, cutting and shaping of wood or metal and work closely with Steelfixers.
There will be a wide range of duties including:
- Demonstrating knowledge of planning and undertake different methods of construction used to build structures productively.
- Taking ownership of allocated projects and effectively manage own time.
- Practicing safe working techniques for moving, lifting and handling. traditional and proprietary formwork system, which will include working at height and using access equipment.
- Forming and assembling horizontal and vertical formwork and its components for a range of application including wall, slabs/bases, columns, beams, and precast units to support concrete.
The following experience is required:
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team.
- Enthusiastic and committed to achieving tasks required to complete the apprenticeship.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently.
- GCSE's grade 4 or above in English and Maths, or Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Must have a drivers licence and be able to drive
- It is anticipated that candidates will typically complete the apprenticeship within 18 to 24 months, depending on prior qualifications and relevant work experience.