Due to continued growth, our client, a successful accountancy practice, is recruiting for a Senior Manager to join the team at the firm's Bicester office to support the director in providing a range of accountancy services to clients. Within this role, along with being involved in the daily running of the office, you will also support junior staff with their day-to-day work and development.
This progressive firm will offer the successful candidate a dynamic and friendly working environment and operates flexible, hybrid working patterns. A slightly higher than advertised salary may be available for an exceptional candidate.
As Senior Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Reporting directly to the director to assist in the management of a portfolio of clients
- Work with other senior staff to manage the day to day running of the Bicester office
- Review work to identify relevant points to raise in client meetings
- Support and mentor trainees & junior members of staff
- Liaising with clients (individuals and businesses) and providing financial information and advice
- Reviewing year-end accounts and corporate tax returns
- Completing self-assessment tax returns
- Maintaining accounting records and preparing accounts and management information for small businesses
- Planning jobs for both self and others
- Responsible for billing, fee reviews and new client quotations
- Reviewing the work of junior colleagues and supporting them through their studies / apprenticeship
We welcome applications from candidates with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Qualified ACCA / ACA or similar
- Minimum three years post qualified experience gained within a practice environment
- Demonstrated financial management experience and legislative compliance with the ability to interpret relevant legislation to clients
- Good knowledge of accounting systems e.g. Sage, QuickBooks, Xero
- Able to demonstrate the ability to manage a varied portfolio of owner managed businesses in respect of accountancy, taxation & business advice
- Experience of managing a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a well-established firm that takes pride in supporting its staff and encourages career development and progression.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and benefits including:
- A flexible working environment including flexi-time & hybrid working
- Support for future study if required
- 25 days annual holiday in addition to 8 bank holidays
- Salary Sacrifice pension scheme
- Ability to join the PMI scheme after 3 months
- Death in Service scheme 4 times salary after 3 months
- Excellent working conditions with free tea and coffee, and car parking
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Senior Manager role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.