Working as part of a team, you'll provide assistance and support to residents at a National Probation Service Approved Premises (AP) including security, welfare and monitoring services. You'll maintain an active presence throughout your shift, ensuring that offenders, residents, visitors, colleagues and the fabric of the premises are kept safe and secure.You will also:
- Undertake regular inspections and patrols of the building
- Monitor the behaviour of high risk residents
- Ensure that the building is locked and secure during curfew periods, and confirm the presence and wellbeing of residents overnight
- Support a safe working environment for staff, residents and visitors by adhering to Health and Safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Deal with visitors and telephone calls, and monitor the work of visiting contractors
- Respond appropriately to abusive or aggressive behaviour.
With a commitment to equality and inclusion, and a caring approach, to succeed in this role you will also need:
- Experience of working with a diverse range of people who have experienced a range of social or personal difficulties
- SIA Security Guarding Licence
- Good general education to at least Level 2 - i.e. 5 GCSEs or equivalent
- Good IT and administration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Qualification in First Aid - preferred
- Knowledge of risk management relating to offenders - preferred
- To be compliant with pre-employment security and vetting checks, including DBS and five years checkable history
- To be able to provide/pass an enhanced criminal record/DBS check.
What will you get in return?
- A pension scheme- to save for the future - eligibility rules apply
- Access to high street discounts
- Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme 'OCS Stars'- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated 'Impact' Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Wellbeing Support
Why join OCS Group Ltd?OCS prides itself as a company with strong family values and we are passionate about hiring people who demonstrate the same.We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS. If you share these Values, we want you to be part of our team.OCS have a well-respected brand and our colleagues are empowered to be the best version of themselves. We offer job stability and are committed to developing our colleagues by offering more than just a job. We are a financially stable business who continues to be privately owned since its inception in 1900.We reward those who demonstrate our values and since the launch of our OCS Star recognition scheme we have rewarded nearly 1,500 colleagues with monetary vouchers, certificates, and public recognition within the business.We invest and support the growth of our people and are currently sponsoring over 310 colleagues who are enrolled in a variety of apprenticeship programmes, ranging from Level 3 qualifications in customer service to degree programmes in Leadership. If you want to develop you career, OCS is a great choice.OCS offers the family feel of smaller organisations although large enough to offer so many opportunities. We recognise your efforts and contribution and show our appreciation through a variety of reward schemes which in turn results in our colleagues staying with OCS. Our business is the family you can choose, and our people stay for the friendships, opportunities, and career fulfilment we offer.