We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Sales Development Representative Apprentice role at Zencargo.
We're looking for a talented Sales Development Rep who wants to get in on the ground floor of one of London’s most exciting startups.
Zencargo is a digital freight forwarder & logistics provider. Our platform allows customers to book, manage and keep track of their international freight as well as use analytics to drive intelligent supply chain decisions that help their businesses thrive.
Training and future prospects
Training will be on a fast-track Business Administration Advanced Standard, with WhiteHat. A full-time opportunity may be available if the candidate excels in the role.
Location: close to Baker Street station, London.
Full job description (including responsibilities)
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities for Zencargo.
- Articulate the value of our services to prospective clients through phone calls, email, LinkedIn and other mediums;
- Diligently update Hubspot, our CRM, to stay current on leads and follow-ups;
- Learn how global trade works from the ground up and build the foundation for your career at Zencargo;
- Use data to determine which leads will most likely turn into customers and where to invest most of your energy.
- Work with our Management team to identify ongoing strategic targets.
- Research target companies and prepare executive summaries to prepare Sales Executives ahead of their calls and meetings;
- Shadow senior management in meetings and other activities to help you acquire the skills you’ll need as you progress within the Zencargo sales team.
Working Monday - Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
- The confidence to eloquently present the business over the phone and the tenacity to persevere and find the specific value in our product for your audience.
- To be highly articulate with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- To be scrappy, initiative-taking with a figure-it-out-for-yourself attitude, and a desire to get things done
- To develop extraordinary customer relationships and be an ambassador for the business when dealing with both existing and new clients.
- The diligence and organisational skills to never let a lead slip through the crack and always follow up.
- GCSE English (Literature or Language) grade C- A* (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill.
- You will also have good knowledge of IT, including all Microsoft packages, Google doc/sheets.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
* You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.