Reports To: Facilities Manager
Salary: £23,000 PA
Location: London Bridge - London, UK
Hours: Full Time - 5 days in the office
Company: London Marathon Events
At Inclusive Recruiting, we are on a mission to eradicate bias and inequities from the workplace. We Teach, Train and Transform to create a more equitable workplace. We deliver Recruitment, EDI Training and Consultancy services to challenge mindsets and behaviours for transformational change.
Unlike other organisations we don't just stop there. We are committed to our purpose and that's why we have a FREE inclusive Network for professionals from diverse backgrounds where they have access to support that will create opportunities.
Overview of the Role:
We offer a 4-week paid placement to complete basic training and to assess the candidate's suitability for the role on Reception.? If passed in total 2 years fixed term contract, subject to passing probation period.
1)Convert from trainee to apprentice at 4 weeks - enrolling the person into an Apprenticeship: Business Administrator Level 3 qualification before the end of the 2 years contract (apprenticeship typical duration 18 months)
2)Support in seeking internal progression opportunities ahead of the end of the contract (throughout placement)??or provide interview skills training and CV writing support at 18-month point.
Start date mid-July, unless available earlier.
- Opening and maintaining Reception
- Meeting and greeting guests and contacting staff members.
- This person will also be sorting and franking post and deliveries for collection.
- Issuing access cards for visitors using Net 2, a simple programme, for cards programming.
- Assisting with setting up meetings.
- Maintaining the reception area at all times.
- Watering Plants on the ground floor.
- First response is if the fire alarm goes off (after training is given).
Attending regular 1 to 1 sessions with your apprenticeship tutor (after 4 weeks from starting) and completing some written work, during paid normal working hours.
Success Measures / KPIS:
- Successful distribution of post deliveries.
- Feedback from internal and external customers.
- Positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn/study.
- Passion for delivering excellent customer service.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to develop and acquire apprenticeship qualifications (such as Business Administrator Level 3) including Functional Skills at Level 2 in English and maths (if the person does not hold GSCEs already).
- Access to a kitchen equipped with fridges, fruit, hot drinks and light refreshments.
- Opportunities to join sports activities with the team, during the 1 hour lunch time.
- Great benefits such: free kit for events, wellbeing scheme, private insurance and above average employer pension contribution.