As we look to modernise our assets, you’ll be involved in projects which extend our network, improve our stations to enhance station capacity, purchasing new trains and buses to enhance customer experience, improving the reliability of the network via technology updates, reducing times between services and developing new entrances in stations to reduce congestion and support the growing London population.
What will I be doing?
Some of the placements you could complete are Road Improvements, Procurement, Northern Line Extension and Track Maintenance.
You could gain experience in creating and implementing cost plans, procurement and advertising, reviewing and negotiating change via contract admin, forecasting and cash flow management.
Where can this career take me?
You could progress into an Assistant Commercial Manager role. This could lead to further career development opportunities such as Commercial Manager or a Senior Commercial Manager. You will also have the opportunity of receiving an accreditation and becoming a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
What you’ll need:
- 5 GCSE’s Grade A* – C or Grade 4 and above including Maths and English language
- Plus 3 A-Levels grade A* – C or equivalent.
- You’ll also need to be 18 years of age by 1 September 2019 to be eligible for this scheme.
We’re looking for people who are:
- Highly motivated and have a willingness to learn
- Have a creative approach to problem solving
- Enthusiastic and have an inquisitive mind