Are you looking to kick start your career as Quantity Surveyor? Do you want to work on exciting projects that challenge you daily - and get paid while you do it?
We have exciting opportunities for enthusiastic people to join our Engineering Team in Reading. Here you will learn from the industry's best, managing costs on large scale construction projects - everything from office blocks to nuclear power stations; hospitals to universities; manufacturing facilities to the rail network. Last year these projects resulted in £19.4m profit for NG Bailey.As an NG Bailey apprentice you will:
• Train at one of the top performing colleges or training providers in the country
• Learn about our award winning approach to working safely
• Working in regional offices and on site
• Be prepared for early starts and travel away from home when necessary
• Develop great working relationships with some of the industry's most talented people
• Have a strong support network giving you the chance to build your confidence and use your initiativeYou will learn to:
• Work across our Engineering division to get a clear understanding of the business
• Work closely with engineers in the business
• Learn to identify risks within contracts and possible solutions
• Monitor and forecast project costs
• Gain an understanding of core financial management such as cash flow and budgeting.
• Monitor subcontractors and suppliers to ensure they have met our requirements before releasing payment
• Assist the commercial team with administration tasks including; applications, contracts, certifications, permits, etc.
• Provide forecasts and reports to NG Bailey colleaguesWe are looking for people who:
• Are keen to learn
• Share our values of Passion, Integrity and Excellence
• Are organised and well prepared with excellent timekeeping and attendance
• Can speak and write clearly
• Enjoy working in a team
• Can follow instructions and work under pressure
• Are able to act independently
You will attend college to complete the Level 4 Construction Quantity Surveying Technician Apprenticeship. In addition, you will regularly attend in house training and development as part of the programme.To apply, you need:
5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grade C/4 or above in English, Maths, Science and 2 other subjects plus, have achieved or be predicted to achieve 2 A Levels grade C (or equivalent - BTEC Extended Diploma, Level 3 Diploma, Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship) in STEM subjects.
NG Bailey is an Equal Opportunities employer, and all applicants will receive equal treatment within their application and selection process.What happens next?
If we like what we see on your application, you will be invited to undertake a telephone interview. If we want to progress your application after the telephone you will be invited to attend an assessment centre after which we will shortlist for final interviews. Interviews and assessment centres will take place during June 2021.
PLEASE NOTE THIS VACANCY MAY CLOSE BEFORE THE ADVERTISED CLOSING DATE IF A SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF SUITABLE APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED. EARLY APPLICATION IS THEREFORE RECOMMENDED.
You may have experience of the following: Quantity Surveyor Apprenticeship, QS Apprenticeship, Quantity Surveyor Apprentice, QS Apprentice, Apprentice Quantity Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor, Trainee Quantity Surveyor, Apprentice, Trainee Scheme, Training Scheme, Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Building Services, A-Levels, BTEC, Apprenticeship, Advanced Apprenticeship, Commercial, Project Management, Project Manager, Finance, Financial, Accounts, Accounting, Maths, Science, RICS, STEM, Higher Apprenticeship, Construction Management, etc.