As a Quantity Surveyor your work is crucial within a project team as one of the biggest challenges our network faces, is upgrading an infrastructure which dates back to 1863 whilst continuing to run an efficient service.
What will I be doing
Some of the placements you could complete are Road Improvements, Procurement, Northern Line Extension and Track Maintenance. You could gain experience in creating and implementing cost plans, procurement and advertising, reviewing and negotiating change via contract admin, forecasting and cash flow management.
Where can this career take me
After this you could progress into an Assistant Commercial Manager role. Or, you could continue your apprenticeship and work toward your Level 6 degree in Quantity Surveying. Either way, this could lead to further career development opportunities such as Commercial Manager or a Senior Commercial Manager.
You will also have the opportunity of receiving an accreditation and becoming a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
What you’ll need
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grade A* – C or Grade 4 and above including Maths and English language or equivalent.
- You’ll also need to be 18 years of age by 1 September 2019 to be eligible for this scheme.
We’re looking for people who are:
- Highly motivated and have a willingness to learn
- Have a creative approach to problem solving
- Enthusiastic and have an inquisitive mind