Are you looking to start your career in publishing? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Publishing Assistant Apprentice to join our forward-thinking, dynamic team on an 18-month program that will equip you with the skills, knowledge and experience to grow your career.
The apprentice will:
- Work alongside and receive mentoring from experienced publishing specialists
- Gain hands-on experience in core publishing specialisms
- Learn and develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours to grow your career in publishing
Work towards gaining:
- Level 3 Publishing Assistant Apprenticeship (Standard)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English & Maths (if applicable)
- You will need to pass an End Point Assessment in order to successfully achieve your apprenticeship
The Apprentice will learn and demonstrate the ability to:
- Learn and develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be competent in that role
- Provide excellent and empathic customer service
- Work with supplier partners to ensure targets are met
- Manage external stakeholders’ expectations
- Distribute information to teams, via post, email or regular reporting
- Log and archive title-specific documentation that arrives off-system
- Receive and process orders/invoices as required
- Assist on department projects as required
What we are looking for:
- Ability to explain why you have the potential we’re looking for
- As a minimum requirement, you will need to have achieved or be expecting to achieve 5 GCSE passes at Grade C/4 or above including in English and Maths or equivalent qualifications
- A proactive and ambitious attitude
- Some experience with Microsoft Office, primarily Word and Excel
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation: the drive to achieve
- Adaptable: able to respond quickly to change and work to deadlines
- A team player willing to build good working relationships and has a positive attitude and professional manner
- Great attention to detail
Things to consider:
An Apprenticeship is a learning opportunity. Apprentices will be required to complete the mandatory 20% period of off-the-job training and all tasks associated with obtaining the Apprenticeship qualification
There needs to be the potential for the significant development of capabilities and competence during the programme for you to be eligible. You will not be able to complete an Apprenticeship in a role if you already hold the same level or higher existing qualification in digital marketing.
On completion of the Apprenticeship:
After successful completion of the Apprenticeship a certificate will be issued formally recognising this achievement and will mark the end of the 18-month fixed-term Apprenticeship.
Taylor & Francis will make every effort to identify a suitable internal role on successful completion of the Apprenticeship, however there is no automatic guaranteed progression to a permanent or fixed-term role after successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
What we offer in return:
- £17,000 annual salary
- 25 days annual leave (3 additional days at Christmas)
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
You must have the right to work and live in the United Kingdom
This role will be based remotely with some attendance to our Milton Park, South Oxfordshire office required
Applications will close on 2nd November 2020, please provide a supporting covering letter with your application detailing your motivation and interest for this opportunity.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law. This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers