Prospero Teaching are currently looking for a Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant to work in a Primary School in Newcastle Under Lyme. The role will require you to support a key child who displays ADHD behaviours.
A successful Teaching Assistant will have good experience working with Challenging Behaviour/ADHD and must be confident in supporting on a 1:1 and basis, inside and outside of a classroom setting. You will also need some level of resilience due to the nature of the role. Some experience working with children in primary schools or of a similar age is required. Some safeguarding training is provided.
Prospero Teaching provide staff to schools and colleges across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent, including SEN schools. We are currently looking to fill an SEN Teaching Assistant role in Newcastle Under Lyme. The strongest applicant will have confidence in supporting key children inside and outside of the classroom.
- Location - Newcastle Under Lyme
- Position - Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Type of work - Long Term
- Start date - January 2023
- Duration / Likely Duration - 1 Academic Year
- End date (if applicable) - Summer 2024
- Contract type - Temporary
- Full time/part time - Full time
- Minimum rate of pay - Minimum rate 85 per day
- Hours - 8:30 am - 3.30pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Psychology Degree or higher/equivalent is preferred
- Previous experience working in a UK school or with children of a similar age
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential as some training is provided)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up-to-date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If this role is of interest to you, click 'Apply Now'.
Or, alternatively, email your CV to Zain at: