Arup is a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts. We use our skills to make a positive difference in the world. At Arup, we have been tackling some of the world's most challenging and complex problems for the last 70 years through our work in the built environment. Arup can do so much more to help our clients shape a better world by improving the impact of their people, investments, projects and assets.
Our apprenticeships allow you to study for an academic qualification while working and learning alongside respected, technical professionals. As an apprentice, you'll study at a local college on day release, and combine this experience with real responsibilities in the workplace. A dedicated mentor and our learning and development team will guide you through your personal and professional development.
Advisory Services in Arup plays a leading role in the development of business strategy, investment advice, transformation and operational excellence across major capital projects. Our work delivers transformation to ultimately achieve sustainable business outcomes, and we achieve this by helping to re-design thinking for business. Our integrated team includes:
- Asset managers and Engineers
- Business process professionals
- Change managers
- Cost consultants / quantity surveyors.
- Digital and design strategists
- Investment advisors
- Operational design experts
- Organisational and occupational psychologists
- Project and programme managers
About the role
Right now we are looking for a Junior Logistics Consultant to join Advisory Services. The role will be primarily co-located with the team in the London office, although the role may involve travel to other UK offices to assist with projects. You will report to a Senior Consultant within the Operations Consulting team, and will work closely with the other members of Advisory Services.
You will have an opportunity to be involved in following tasks:
- Developing transport and logistics optimisation solutions
- Reviewing and developing building logistics and operational strategies for masterplans and developments
- Evaluating the spatial and operational logistics requirements using in house tools, such as logistics vehicle calculations, waste volumes and material handling evaluations
- Process mapping and identification of process improvements
- Application of lean and six sigma principles, business planning, and operational readiness and testing
- Asset management strategy, plans and policy development
- Lifecycle decision making and value realisation
What are we looking for?
We encourage our Apprentices' to demonstrate drive and motivation, a passion for our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. As such, we're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Five or more GCSEs, including English and Science at grade C/4 or above, and Maths at grade B/5 or above (or equivalent qualification)
- A minimum of 2 A-levels or BTEC Level 3 in a relevant subject
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills
- An interest in operations, logistics, design and asset management
- Desire to learn about the built environment
- Enthusiasm, drive and motivation
- Proactive and confident approach with the ability to work closely with senior colleagues and clients
- Good communication and strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong team working and collaboration skills
- A professional approach and good organisational skills
What will we offer in return?
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
Interested in finding out more?
The deadline for applications is Friday 10th May 2019 and assessment/interviews will be held at the end of May/beginning of June 2019. You must be available to commence employment no later than August 2019 to be considered for this role.
Please note that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.