JOB- CNC Programmer LOCATION- OxfordshireTERM- PermanentSALARY- £40,000-£45,000 circa (dependent on experience)
We are looking for a CNC Programmer (offline)/ Production Engineer on a permanent basis in the Oxfordshire area for a market leading manufacturer within their field. Must be able to work from drawings, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks.The CNC Programmer (Offline) will ideally have the following attributes:
The CNC Programmer (Offline) role will involve:
- HNC qualified is desirable
- Apprenticeship time served, Mechanical Engineering on Toolmaking
- Experienced within CNC machining and conventional machines
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to interpret complex mechanical drawings
- Constructing and proving out CNC programmes
- 3 years experience with Hypermill
- Self-motivated individual
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Provide support for day to day manufacturing issues and come up with solutions
- Create and maintain production documentation including route cards, tooling, process and inspection sheets
- Specify and purchase tooling to keep in line with maintenance program
- Establishing productive working relationships with engineering, planning, design teams to maintain customary liaison.
- Analyse production processes and propose improvements to reduce lead time, reduce cost
- Training and development of staff as required
- Work with Engineering in implementation of evaluation of experiments
- Assist in the design of fixturing and identifying tooling requirements.
- Managing and prioritisation of jobs based upon company s priorities
- To ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the Company and legislative requirements for Health and Safety.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV to find out more, along with your availability and your salary expectation.