We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Production Assistant Apprentice role at Alma 1938.
The Production Assistant will assist the Operations Director in overseeing production; ensuring that goods are produced on time; control over stock materials; ensuring all paperwork is dealt with correctly; providing an excellent customer service.
Alma 1938 cater to home, interior, leather, design and luxury finishes.
Training and future prospects
Training will be on the Business Administration Advanced Standard, with WhiteHat. A full-time opportunity may be available if the candidate excels in the role.
Location: the nearest stations are Whitechapel and Aldgate East underground, London. Full job description (including responsibilities)
1. Answering telephones and fielding general sales and production enquiries
- Checking stock of items needed for new orders and placing orders with suppliers as required
- Reviewing stock of factory consumables weekly and ordering any required
- Getting delivery dates from all suppliers and making sure the goods are delivered to ALMA on time.
- Checking incoming stock goods against packing lists – passing approved packing lists to accounts to match to invoices
- Ensuring that free issue items sent in by customers are labelled clearly so that they are easily identifiable
- Researching new suppliers for all materials and ensuring purchases are competitive
- Updating the outstanding production excel spreadsheet for new proformas and orders, orders into production, orders ready and orders completed
- Liaising with the leather stock controller to ensure that leather is in stock
- Ensuring that production dockets and drawings are supplied to the factory for all orders and the details of the order are explained to the factory staff
- Updating orders completed on a daily basis
- Ensuring that a photo is taken of every item including samples before it is packaged
- Ensuring that the packaging is adequate and suitable for purpose
4. Order despatch
- Booking in deliveries to clients or advising the client that goods are ready to be collected
- Preparing packing lists and box labels and fixing to goods that are ready
- Preparing the Alma drivers delivery sheet each day
- Making sure that every collection/delivery has a signed proof of delivery
5. Customer Service
- Providing a warm and welcome service to customers
- Liaising with customers on all production matters
- Informing customers if their orders are delayed
- Informing customers about any possible alteration on their order
- Taking customer’s complaints and logging them in the complaints register and resolving each issue
- Being point of contact for Alma staff for any questions regarding the status of orders
6. Site visit diary
- Setting up and managing of a site visit diary
- Preparing a note of all site visits giving all details and contacts on site
- Ensuring that a full report is obtained following the site visit and that follow up is dealt with
- Capable of understanding the various production processes in the factory
- Learning to understand architectural drawings for each project so that you can answer questions raised by the factory
- Updating all order files with notes on changes, dates materials received instructions from clients, etc.
Hours are 9 am to 5:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Good excel (and word) skills
- Good communicator
- Personable and confident
- You will be talking directly with customers and suppliers
- Somebody who is responsible
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- GCSE Mathematics grade C-A* (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill.
- GCSE English (Literature or Language) grade C - A* (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill.
- You will also have good knowledge of IT, including all Microsoft packages, Google doc/sheets. Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role
* You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.