Do you have a keen interest in beginning or progressing your career in Payroll?
If so, this apprenticeship may be for you!
Since its establishment in 2012, the College of Policing has played a key role in equipping policing with the skills and knowledge necessary to prevent crime, protect the public, and secure public trust.
About the Payroll Apprenticeship:
As our Payroll Apprentice you will be required to work towards your apprenticeship and complete the coursework expected of you. You will be given time within your working day in order to complete the work but you must have an enthusiasm to learn and be keen about self-development.
We welcome all applications; from people looking to re-train or change careers, to those looking for their first step into Payroll, or those with some experience who want to develop themselves further and undertake a formal qualification.
All applicants must have:
• GCSE Passes in English Language and Mathematics or equivalent
• Knowledge of MS Office applications.
• Numerical and analytical proficiency combined with a high attention to detail and accuracy
• Sound verbal and written communication skills
• Keen organisational and planning skills.
What you’ll receive from us:
• Attendance at the College of Policing’s corporate induction day
• Level 3 Business Administrator qualification
• Support and guidance from Payroll and HR professionals across the College of Policing
• Be part of a supportive, friendly team
• Practical, on the job training
• Dedicated time to work on your apprenticeship each week (20% of your time)
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Provide evidence of your knowledge/experience of using MS Office applications.
- Provide evidence to show your numerical and analytical proficiency.
- Provide evidence to demonstrate your high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Provide evidence to show your keen organisational and planning skills.
The College is a great place to work. We're passionate about our people and offer a wide range of benefits. The benefits we can offer include:
- Defined benefit pension scheme
- Up to 30 days holiday (this is in addition to 8 public holidays and 2.5 privilege days)
- Educational funding and study leave
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Flexi-time (for certain grades)
- Flexible working hours
- Childcare vouchers
- Benenden Healthcare
- National Dental Plan
- Discount scheme which provides cut-price on-line shopping
- Free employee support line
- Interest free loans for travel.
- Staff networks: You will have the opportunity to join our employee-run networks to provide advice and support and to enable the views of employees from minority groups to be heard. There are currently 6 staff networks; Diversity Champions, LGBT, Carer’s, Women’s, Parenting and our Diverse Ethnic Action network.
Each network has access to an executive level sponsor.