Operations and Maintenance Engineer Apprentice
Qualification: Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Starting Salary: 16,000 per annum
Ref No: 118
Do you enjoy working with a down to earth, supportive team but at the same time be relied on to use your own initiative and problem solve out in the field? Our Field teams are critical in the delivery of our contracts, whether that is delivering, or supervising maintenance, installation, cabling, or civils works. Help build and keep the nation's critical infrastructure connected and protected 24/7.
What you'll do:
The successful candidate will be learning from our highly experienced and skilled engineers. Working in various environments, you will be learning the reactive and preventative maintenance procedures for critical pieces of IT/Telecommunications kit that keeps the Highways environment safe and connected. Within the role you will build experience and technical skills that will enable you to become a successful engineer within an established team.
- Learn how to maintain roadside cabinets, cable and termination, testing equipment on fibre and copper cable networks on the National Roads Telecommunications Service networks
- Learn how to work with Optical Fibre - Cable preparation, splicing and testing
- How to test, repair, replace and re-configure if necessary, the latest Telecoms equipment in various locations across the UK Road Network
- Undertaking of general maintenance of Network equipment to a high standard
- Use cable locating detection equipment
- Learn and understand how the equipment is configured to help build a good understanding of the networks
- Attend any equipment issue within the Transmission Buildings and roadside cabinets within designated area
- Ensuring all work in carried out in accordance with Telent Environmental, Health and Safety processes and policies
- Learn how to complete all the associated documentation required as part of the task, on time.
Who you are & what to prepare for:
- We don't require individuals with experience as we will provide full training in all aspects of the role. We are looking for candidates with the right attitude, commitment, and desire to learn
- You will get a vehicle, mobile phone and laptop as part of the role
- Although supported throughout the programme by us at Telent you will need to take ownership of your tasks and personal development
- The role involves alot of travelling regionally across various areas and you will be expected to stop away from home throughout the week.
- 5 GCSEs grades 9 to 4. Specifically, in Maths, English and Science or an IT related subject (A to C)
- Full UK Driving licence is essential
- Be 18 Years old from January 2024
- Eligible to pass Security Clearance
- Be able to pass a pre-employment Drugs & Alcohol assessment and adhere to the Telent Drugs & Alcohol Policy
- This apprenticeship is typically 18-24 months in duration
- Starting salary of 16,000 which will increase throughout the duration of the programme
- The qualification you gain will be a Level 3 Information Communications Technician
- Our chosen training provider InteQual will support you in obtaining your qualification
- You will be field based covering the regional areas
- On completion of your apprenticeship, we hope to offer you a full-time position with Telent where you can continue to pursue your career
- You will be mentored by colleagues, supervisors, managers and tutors throughout the programme
What we offer:
A career at Telent can span sectors, roles, technologies, and customers giving you the opportunity to develop, learn new skills and make an impact. We are growing and we rely on our committed Team to deliver.
We nurture the talent that makes this happen, by our on-going commitment to creating an inclusive culture that respects and values difference, that celebrates diverse ideas. We want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work.
The additional benefits with this role:
- 34 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support and wellbeing Portal
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
Telent is a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, support and maintenance, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology. of the UK's critical digital infrastructure. The work we do helps connect thousands of people and communities, using the best technology and innovation available. When you join us, you'll have the opportunity to make a real impact on all our futures by fulfilling your potential and delivering high performance. We work together to make everyday life work better for everyone. You'll be part of a team of more than 3,000 brilliant, dedicated people committed to getting the job done well.
Brilliance brought together
We are guided by our values and behaviours:
- Be Inclusive
- Take Responsibility
- Be Customer-focused