Nursery Apprentice - Ascot SL5
Can you see the magic in a muddy puddle? Have you always wanted to work with children and truly make a difference in the lives of little people? If so, then please read on as we have a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring nursery nurse to join our team in Nature's Nursery near Ascot and enter into the world of early years' education.
Nature's Nursery in Sunninghill, is located on London Road. We're less than half a mile from the centre of Sunninghill (2 minutes by car) - and 2 miles from Ascot (5 minutes by car). Our Sunninghill nursery occupies a beautiful detached period building with large rooms and lots of natural light and specially created features. Our bright and airy rooms give our children lots of space to explore, play and learn. The nursery is warm and welcoming and has a homely feel which we love, and are very proud of.
We would love you to join our team as we embark on accreditation to 'The Curiosity Approach', promoting awe and wonder in early childhood. This is a unique style of learning for children to be engaged in the joy of DOING rather than the end result.
Nursery Apprentice - Who we are looking for?
Someone who …
• Holds a passion for education and educating our children
• Believes in shaping a future for not only the children but themselves
• Is articulate & friendly
• Able to commit to the full apprenticeship programme
• Holds a passion for learning about Childcare and reliable to boot
Nursery Apprentice - What will you be doing?
• To undertake a developmental programme leading to an Early Years Qualification as part of an apprenticeship which is achieved within the given timescale
• To actively participate in your own development plan working through the qualification with the qualification provider and with the nursery setting too.
• To undertake induction training in the nursery with a named mentor
• To keep your mentor informed of your progress and to raise any concerns or issues with them
• To support the nursery staff to observe, plan and maintain accurate children's records.
• To develop a sound understanding of Safeguarding Policies
• Undertake a shared responsibility for the care of children, health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery
Nursery Apprentice - What we can offer YOU!
• A competitive training salary
• Ongoing personal and professional development
• A graduating probation bonus of £150
• 1 Week shut down at Christmas
• A great and friendly place to work
• The support of a very experienced team and Nursery Manager
If you are excited by this opportunity then please get in touch today!
*We are an equal opportunities employer. However, due to the nature of the role the successful applicant must be able to undertake and provide a clear enhanced DBS check and satisfactory referencing