What does a Body Repair Multiskilled MET Technician do?
Our Solus Aviva Multiskilled MET Technicians are skilled in diagnosing and fixing faults. Due to the high level of technology within modern vehicles they hone their skills in mechanics and electrics by removing, renewing, and refitting mechanical and electrical systems and vehicle trims following accident damage. Using their expert judgement to ascertain the best course of action in each individual case. Utilising the latest tools and technology our Mechanical Electrical Trim Technicians return vehicles back to factory standards after an accident.
As a Solus Aviva Multiskilled Technician you will also study Paint or Panel as a second discipline making you an elite member of the solus team. Responsibilities
What will Solus do to support me while I study?
Our programme is designed to give you support in your career journey where you are recognised for your achievements at every step of the way.
- Winner of the 2022 Best Apprenticeship Scheme Award
- Internal and external awards and recognition.
- You will be gifted a full MET and Paint or Panel toolkit.
- Placed on a predefined progression plan over the course of your career with salary increases.
- On site mentor
- Access to the latest manufacturer training and technical specialists in the country
Who is the Training Provider?
Our training is conducted in partnership with Thatcham Research. Thatcham are the organisation responsible in the UK for developing Repair Technologies and setting industry standards. Technical experts working in their fully equipped and ultra-modern Repair Technology Centre produce a wide range of vehicle repair data. This repair data is used by the automotive industry to help facilitate the safe and effective repair of modern cars including electrification and driverless vehicle technologies.
- Top quality training methods, materials and resources
- Technical specialists with industry expertise
- The most advanced repair methods and standards within the industry
- Support from a world-leading vehicle repair technology centre
- Excellent pastoral care.
Who are we looking for?
Our programme is designed to be entered at any stage of your post 16 education or career. You may have already completed part of your study an apprenticeship elsewhere or just be thinking about your next steps after your GCSE's. Solus will tailor the course to suit your level of ability. All we ask is that you have a passion for what we do.